Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A recent addition to the Class of 1965 alumni obituaries

I've just added a link to an obituary for James Schmitz to the list of deceased classmates on the right hand side of the blog.

This is the first obituary for a member of our class that does not "reside" in this blog. When you click on the link, you will be taken to an archive that now contains more than 500 obituaries for Central alumni who've died since 1990. I read the Madison obituaries almost every day and update this archive whenever necessary. If you want to explore it further, use the search box in the upper left hand corner of the blog, or use the tags indicating class year at the bottom of a post to find other members of that class.

With the exception of James Schmitz, all other Class of 1965 obituaries still "reside" in this blog, since it was the first one I created. I will gradually be moving them to the other blog to make it more comprehensive, but you will continue to find a list on this page (just the links will change).

My thanks to Jane Wadsworth Blandino for bringing this obituary to my attention. There was also a James Schmitz in the Class of 1963, so I had originally mis-labeled this obituary. However, today I called the funeral home and confirmed that the man described in this obituary is indeed James David Schmitz, a member of our class.

No comments: