Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Will Elmendorft (Class of 1967) braved sub-zero temperatures to attend the All-Central Reunion -- and took lots of photographs

Some time last night, Madison's all-time record for winter snowfall record was broken. I've been sitting here pondering how to write that first sentence in active rather than passive voice, but it's not going to happen. The relentless snowfall has made a lot of us passive -- given us cabin fever, made us reluctant to drive unless absolutely necessary.

It wasn't snowing on Sunday, but the roads were icy and the temperatures were below zero. Nonetheless, a surprising number of Madison Central High School alumni left home and headed to the VFW on Lakeside Street to attend the 2008 All-Central Reunion. I wasn't among those who braved the elements, but Will Elmendorf (Class of 1967) was -- and he was accompanied by his camera.

Yesterday, Will e-mailed me more than two dozen photographs from the All-Central Reunion -- and told me there would be more. I've posted the first batch of Will's photographs to the Central Alumni Flickr photostream and created a special set for them. I hope you'll take a look at the photos in this set and then help with labeling them, so we know who's who and what graduating class counts them among its members. If you have a Flickr account, you can leave a comment or add a tag. If you still haven't set up a Flickr account, send me an e-mail with any information that needs to be added to a photo.

And if you, too, attended the reunion and took photos, I'll be glad to post them.

No comments: