Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Centenarians

A "centenarian" is someone who is a hundred or more years old. This morning when I checked the local newspaper, I noticed there were obituaries for three centenarians -- and one of them was a Madison [Central] High School alumna. Laura Love Linden graduated in 1924 and there's a portrait of her in the 1924 Tychoberahn. Other members of the Class of 1924 for whom there are obituaries in the archives blog include Alice O'Neill Dean and Abraham Quisling, a founder of the Quisling Clinic.

Whenever I know the someone's class year, I put it in the header and I include a tag/label at the end of the post. If you click on a tag, it will bring up all the other posts with that tag. Right now, the most common tag on alumni obituaries is "Class year needed." If you read an obituary that carries this tag and you are able to provide information about that person's class year, please contact me so that I can update the post.

No comments: