Sunday, May 13, 2007

Construction season

You remember, I'm sure, the old joke about Wisconsin that notes we have only two seasons: Winter and Construction.

Road construction is already playing havoc with traffic, as this photo of traffic on the Beltline, posted on Flickr by Mazda6, makes perfectly clear.

And construction season is in full swing here, too.

Two weeks since the previous post and I'm still in the process of reorganizing and restructuring this blog and its cousins.

In the meantime, I will be adding new material to the Madison Central High School history blog and updating the Madison Central High School alumni obituary archives on a regular basis.

I will also be posting photos to my Flickr account several times a week. Most of them will be photos of the Madison area. Although they will not necessarily have a "Central connection," I hope you'll find some of them to be of interest. Yesterday, for instance, we went to see Dr. Evermor's Forevertron. I took a gazillion photos (oh, all right, more like 200) and have posted some of them on my Flickr account, which includes an ever-growing set of photos of Dr. Evermor's sculptures.

I'm also working on some Madison stories and hoping the Central alumnus who secretly taped Harvey Goldberg's history lectures will get in touch, so I can post a little bit about that news, too.

No comments: