Sunday, April 01, 2007

Tornado warnings, April Fool's Day and some Dr. Evermor sculptures

Another sign Spring has arrived in Madison: The tornado warning alarms blared last night. It rained most of yesterday and it's still raining this morning, so I'm getting a lot of work done, since I haven't been eager to brave the elements (i.e., go outside and play).

There's reportedly going to be a zombie lurch this afternoon in Downtown Madison, but I'm not inclined to grab my camera and rush out to take photos because today is also April Fool's Day and it's difficult to know what's real. There are, for instance, reports on the Internet that Google will offer free in-home wireless broadband service and GMail paper.

But read the find print and you may not find yourself celebrating these exciting developements. Notice that the wireless broadband service is "offered entirely free to any consumer with a WiFi-capable PC and a toilet connected to a local municipal sewage system" and "Gmail Paper is made out of 96% post-consumer organic soybean sputum."

This post is not my version of an April Fool's prank, so I want to warn you that by the time you read this post, the folks at Google may have realized they've been punked and the links in the second paragraph may reach dead ends.

The photo accompanying this post is not an April Fool's joke. It's part of set of photos I took of the Dreamkeeper sculptures by Dr. Evermor that now reside at 211 S. Paterson Street. You can view all nine photos in the Dr. Evermor set on my Flickr photostream.

No comments: