Monday, April 09, 2007

Madison Signage

The Madison, Wisconsin Flickr pool recently held a photo contest on signage. The winner hasn't been announced yet, but I thought you might be interested in viewing the entries, which you may do by clicking HERE.

You'll see some familiar and not-so familiar signs among the contest entries, as well as some "only-in-Madison stories" told in photos. It may take a while for the entire set of photos to download, but it's worth the wait.

I've been too busy to take many photos lately. Saturday's Easter candy extravaganza was an exception. I did, however, take one photo on Easter that may stir a couple of memories. You can see it if you click HERE to be taken to my Flickr account.

1 comment:

D Strand said...

As a small boy, I went to Piggly Wiggly with my mother all the time on the East Side by Burr Jones Field. I got lost in it once in a while, it was so big to me. I was sad when it closed in Madison and thought that that was the only Piggly Wiggly in existence. There weren't any real "chain" stores back then. Isn't it interesting that Wisconsin is the only midwestern state with the "Pig"!
Your sister Kathy must live in Merrill!