Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Some lunch hour loopiness: More evidence that spring is on the way (accompanied by a musical memory)

It's time for lunch and I haven't even eaten breakfast yet, so I'm a bit loopy from hunger. But before I brew a pot of tea and dive into a bowl of Bear Naked granola and Traders Point Creamery yogurt, I want to post another bit of evidence that spring is on the way -- acquired during my Monday afternoon ramble around State Street, Langdon Street, and West Gilman Street. I snapped this photo of a dog relaxing outdoors on the roof just moments before someone signaled him (or her -- I wasn't close enough to tell) to come back inside.



And then, as I prepared to post, I started humming "How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?" and decided that if a snippet of the song was going to run through my mind in a continuous loop this afternoon, I might as well share this musical memory. And yes, I know, the doggie I saw on Monday wasn't in the window, it was outside a window, but sometimes your subconscious plays tricks and take shortcuts.

Anyway, without further ado, here's a YouTube video of Patti Page singing that song about the cute doggie in the window:

No comments: