Monday, February 19, 2007

More Smut n' Eggs

Bloggers addicted to Sitemeter (and try as we may to go cold turkey and shake this nasty habit, most of us are), do tend to check their stats before they go back to work (as I vowed to do a couple of posts ago). And when they discover a huge surge in visits, they check a little further to find out why this is happening.

So there was a surge this afternoon -- and since it has a "Central connection" of sorts, I feel justified in writing one more post while the water is heating for my next pot of Lapsang Souchong.

The "New Girl in Town" at Isthmus, whose cryptic moniker is E$, added her story, "Sin... and the sinfully delicious at Bennett's Smut and Eggs" to the Daily Page Scenes section a little after the clock struck noon today, and it included a link to my earlier post about the demise of Central alumnus Rich Bennett's Madison institution. My post, in addition to featuring a photo of Rich, contains a number of links to various sources of information about Smut n' Eggs, including a photo of the menu.

Apparently most people who clicked through on the link in E$'s story were expecting smut, not eggs -- and not a photo of Rich Bennett -- because they didn't seem to be hanging around for very long. If they want nude or naked, perhaps they should search Flickr. A few minutes ago, I conducted some full text Flickr searches with interesting results. Nude = 67, 623 photos. Naked = 69,055 photos. And then to satisfy my curiosity, I tried "eggs" and the results were very surprising indeed. Eggs = 145,279. By the time you click on these links, the numbers will probably be even higher.

My tea kettle is whistling and I have work to do. But for those of you who have too much time on your hands, enjoy the links -- and remember what I mentioned on my previous post: Flickr doesn't keep track of who visits what photo.

Note: The eggs photo at the top of this post is from Unreal Reality's Flickr photostream.

No comments: