Monday, February 19, 2007

Don't bother to call because my telephone is unplugged

There's still too much to do and too little time to do it. Plus, I'm coping with some unpleasant symptoms of something distinctly flu-like. I'm cranky, crabby, living on tea and toast -- and somewhat incommunicado because I've been forced to unplug my telephone. The robo-callers have swelled in number and made it difficult for me to work. So until tomorrow's primary election is concluded, don't call me because you won't even hear the strange-sounding voice on my answering machine.

Even if I didn't detest being called by politicians (and pollsters and fund-raisers and sales personnel of any sort), this last-minute flurry of robo-calls won't affect my vote. There's a road trip on my schedule tomorrow, so I cast an absentee ballot last week.

Last week, I also started to write a post about a member of the Class of 1965 who was running for office. It turned into a screed about robo-callers, so I didn't post it (but saved it in draft form in case I changed my mind). Cranky, crabby, and fueled by Fortnum & Mason Lapsang Souchong, I've decided to throw caution to the wind and publish that post-in-waiting, as well as this rant.

Now, I'm going to try to get some work done, try to stay up late enough to watch "Heroes," and then hit the sack, so I can hit the road tomorrow morning.


No comments: