Sunday, January 21, 2007

Update on a snowy afternoon in Madison


The library mall fountain (photo taken December 2, 2006)

It's cold and still snowing outside and I'm only somewhat less cranky than I have been lately. My cold symptoms ebb and flow, but haven't disappeared yet. My ability to concentrate and focus is limited -- and I need save my energy for an editing project that needs to be completed by tomorrow.

Nevertheless, I do occasionally take a break and tinker with the blogs. The large-scale, fact-filled posts will have to wait for a while, but I have managed to make some additions to the obituary archives. I've also made this annex to the Madison Central High School history blog a bit easier to search by adding labels that allow you to search by class year (the current range is 1911-1969). However, the largest label category is "class year needed." Take some time to use the labels to browse through the CHS obituary archives -- and if you can provide some information about graduation years, please leave a comment or send an e-mail.

And while we're on the subject of e-mail, let me acknowledge that I'm way behind in answering e-mails related to CHS -- and as for Christmas cards, if I finish attending to them by Valentine's Day, I'll be satisfied.

Once I feel better and start catching up with things, there are some interesting posts forthcoming. Jan Aulik, whose mother, Laurene Meyer, graduated from Central in 1934, sent me photocopies of the 1933 and 1934 yearbooks (at that time called The Orange and Black), and I plan to post some material from them. I'm also waiting for reunion photos from several classes. And, yes, I do plan to revisit the photo-a-day from January 3, 2007 and fill you in on all the interesting "Central connections," as well as reveal its location.

So stay tuned, check back frequently, and take a peak at the obituary archives. In the meantime, I'm drinking lots of liquids, taking Vitamin C, and trying to get some rest.

No comments: