Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Madison High School Class of 1907

I've posted a list of about half (surnames A-H) of the members of the Madison [Central] High School Class of 1907 on the Central history blog. Among the members of that class were Irving Brown, who became "the foremost authority on the American gyspy" and a professsor of romance languages at Columbia University; Timothy Brown, who was a Wisconsin Supreme Court justice from 1949-1964 (Chief Justice from 1962-1964); and Alfred Buser,who was captain of the undefeated 1912 University of Wisconsin football team.

Please do have a look at this list of alumni and if you have any additional information about any of them, please send me an e-mail or leave a comment. I'm beginning to believe it may not be unreasonable to believe I can compile a comprehensive data base of all Madison Central High School alumni, but I need lots of help to fill in the gaps in my information.

No comments: