Friday, December 01, 2006

A December snow storm and an alumnus who became a renowned phrenologist

Late last night, when I couldn't sleep, I decided to write a post about the snow storm that was on its way to Madison. However, after searching my digital photo archives, I realized I didn't have any good snow related-photos. So absent a photo, I went to back to bed and managed to catch a few hours of much-needed sleep.

Perhaps I should I have ventured out with my camera today and captured some winter wonderland images, but I really had too much work to do. Apparently Madison Guy (whoever he is) had to hit the road this morning, so if you want to see an image of today's snow-covered landscape taken by a fellow alumnus, you'll have to click HERE to see the photo he took on his way to work and read about his harrowing journey.

Work has kept me busy this week -- and that's great for the bottom line, but not conducive to lots of blogging. However, now that darkness has descended, I've taken a break to write some posts about William Windsor, a member of the Class of 1875 who became a renowned phrenologist after graduating from the University of Wisconsin Law School and spending many years as a practicing attorney. I hope you'll take the time to read more about Windsor by clicking HERE to go to the Central history blog. And if phrenologist isn't a term you bandy about after work, you'll find some links in the post to an excellent site about phrenology created by British scholar Dr. John van Whye.

No comments: