Wednesday, May 24, 2006

"We will certainly host the All-Central Reunion..."

Less than two hours after I posted the news about the bar closing at VFW Post 1318 on Lakeside Street, in which I wondered aloud how this might affect next year's All-Central reunion, Post Commander Roger Boeker sent me an email with the following message: "We will certainly host the All-Central Reunion on Sunday before Valentines Day 2007."

He also told me he'd be at the VFW at 6 p.m. tonight, not tomorrow -- so I hurried over to the South Side with my digital camera to take some photos of him for an upcoming series on Memorial Day. I'd met Roger, who works for the State Department of Veterans Affairs, for the first time this morning in the cemetery office at Forest Hill. He'd stopped by to leave some copies of the printed Memorial Day programs, detailing the order of events (see image at the end of this post) at Forest Hill and the Wisconsin State Capitol.

Since I thought it would be useful to have a copy of the program, I introduced myself and asked for one. And that's when we established the Central connection. Roger, as I mentioned in my previous post, is a member of the Madison Central High School Class of 1960 -- and he told me he'd been reading this blog. Maybe that's why I was willing to endure rush hour traffic to accommodate his revised schedule. Sometimes flattering a blogger will keep her from adding your senior class photo to a post -- at least for awhile.




Double click on the above image to enlarge it in your browser window

No comments: