Monday, May 29, 2006

A busy Memorial Day weekend

Sometimes good intentions aren't sufficient. It's been a too-short holiday weekend, full of surprises and unexpected company. Many of the things I planned to post here have had to be postponed. Perhaps Monday evening I'll find some time to finish up my Forest Hill series. It would have been wonderful to have those posts up by now, but I suspect many of you probably have been too busy to check in and see what's new.

In the meantime, you may want to check out the first post in my [eventually] multi-part series on Madison's Forest Hill Cemetery, scroll down this page a bit, or click HERE. If you haven't already read it, you may also want to take a look at "Seniors in Service," a post about some of the members of the Madison Central High School Class of 1946 who served in World War II.

Note: The photo on the left was taken earlier this week. It shows some of the graves in Section 35 (the Veterans Section) at Forest Hill.

No comments: