Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Don't Miss Mickey

The reviews are starting to come in and local newspaper critics are awfully effusive about The Playhouse, Madison Repertory Theater's new performance space "done in shades of deep eggplant," and the "positively luminous performance" of André de Shields, who plays the Stage Manager in the Rep's current production, Thornton Wilder's "Our Town."

I'm going to see the play next week -- and it won't just be to ogle the aubergine upholstery and the awesome André. I'm also going to be watching the performance of a professional actor who's a member of the Madison Central High School Class of 1965: Mickey Crocker (a.k.a Mickey Gartland). The play runs through March 12, 2006, and if you live in the Madison area, you too should make an effort to go see our classmate live and on stage. And I bet if you hang around after the show, she'll be glad to autograph your program.

1 comment:

D Strand said...

Again, Nadine, I had to get out my dictionary. For all of you who had Mr. Schurman for Senior English like I did and not Miss Ritzman, "effusive" means "unrestrained or excessive in emotional expression, gushy." So, Mickey's (and the rest, too) reviews are positive I guess and not negative the way I thought at first!!
Living in Edgewood, Maryland precludes me from seeing her performance, but, tell her, Nadine, if you go, that I would go if I were there and that this member of the Class of 1965 is very proud to have gone to school with her!!