Tuesday, January 31, 2006

An Expanded View of Leisure Suits and Long Dresses

I didn't have a powerful zoom lens back in 1975 when I shot photos at the Class of 1965's 10th reunion at the Park Motor Inn. The photo below is a slightly different version of the photo in my January 25, 2006 post. I was obviously further away from the group when I shot this one. There are more people in the photo and the images of each person are smaller. It may help you identify some of the people in the first photo. Or it may cause you further frustration as you try to identify even more people.

For what it's worth, this is not a test. I don't know the answers. I was too busy shooting photos and trying to avoid a persistent wardrobe malfunction (a subject about which I may elaborate at a later date) to peer at name tags and write down identities. Upon futher consideration, however, I am no longer sure that someone in the photo is from the Class of 1966.



Note: Double click on the image above to enlarge it in your browser window

11 comments:

D Strand said...

The second from the right is Jim Reamer the guy whose ear swelled up really big one morning from frostbite. It was about three times its normal size. Jim never laughs when I remind him of it, but I don't think he was permanently damaged. But, who is the woman with the long hair and evening gown who is making Dave Beckett??

D Strand said...

that should read "making Dave Beckett laugh"

D Strand said...

I believe that the man whom is sixth from the left in the second row, standing to Dave Beckett's right is Paul Capadona!

D Strand said...

I think that the woman to Dave Beckett's left is Lynn Deegan.

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: The three first girls from left to right are Esther Dunse, Maion Allen and Carol Virnig. I don't think it is Capadona or Lynn Deegan

jim reamer said...

I froze my ears in 9th grade. I can laugh about it now. Doug Dyer is the tall guy standing by me. Art Wopat is in picture along with Larry Shaprio.

D Strand said...

Wow, Marlene, you really know your Centralites. I think it's because you probably went to Central in 7th and 8th grade, as well, while I went to Madison Lutheran for 7th and 8th.
Well, we now have 10 out of 14 Centralites in this photo. I wish you had read the name tags, Nadine!
They are: Back row: Ester Dunse, Marion Allen, Carol Virnig,
unknown, unknown, Paul Capadona (maybe), Dave Beckett, unknown.

To the right: Jim Reamer and Doug Dyer

Front row: Nancy Logan, Art Wopat, Mickey Garland, and Larry Shapiro.

Am I glad I didn't wear a leisure suit to that reunion. I remember we had dancing (without Mr. Harris supervising) and everything!

Come on Downtowners, let's get those LAST FOUR so we can all be content!!

Nadine said...

I just received an email from Mickey Gartland. She's never attended a reunion, so she's not in this photo. If she can find the time, Mickey plans to stop by the All-Central reunion on February 12, but she may have a schedule conflict. She's in the midst of rehearsals for the Madison Repertory Theatre's production of "Our Town," opening a few days later.

D Strand said...

Well, after skimmimg through our classmates in the 65 Ty (I keep it in my cubicle now), the only person that it seems like it could be is Pam Garvey. At any rate, she looks very familar!

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: I am wondering if the unknown girl in back row could be Josie Peterson. I am pretty sure the one girl is not Pam Garvey. I really need to get out my yearbook

D Strand said...

I thought that I knew everyone in our class, but Josie Peterson is a little vague, so I looked her up in the Ty, and you are right Marlene, it could be her. How will we ever find out. Maybe Josie will weigh in!