Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Why They Couldn't Attend the 40th Reunion - Part 1

Shirley (Hierlmeier) Bateman sent a letter explaining why she couldn't attend the 40th reunion. Reprinted here, with her permission, are excerpts from that letter:

Thank you so much for the reunion letter invitation. I truly have enjoyed each and every one of the reunions. Would love to attend and not break my record of making all the reunions; however, over the past few years I have had a lot of medical issues and will not be able to make it this year. Had back surgery a few years ago and have to have another one before the end of the year. A long trip, whether by car or plane, is out of the question at this point...even had to miss a family gathering in Madison this past weekend.

Please give my best to all and let anyone know that I am sorry I could not make it. Would love to see all of you and will look forward to the next reunion. We have no plans to move so my information will remain the same. If anything changes, I will contact you.

1 comment:

D Strand said...

Shirley,
I am very sorry to hear about your back problems. You were always one of the most fun people at the reunions, as you were in school also. Your record of attendance at the reunions is truely remarkable. I have missed a few. Do you remember Dave Beckett, Don Havey, and I coming over to visit you in the summer above Glenn and Ann's?
I missed the reunion, too, but look forward to the next one. Nadine says there were quite a few first timers. Best wishes. Doug