Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Excused Absences

Just before the semester begins, you can be pretty sure where you'll find Terry Doyle. He'll be in the basement of the University Book Store because he's the textbook supervisor. That's where I found him one day in August. And that's when he told me he wouldn't be able to attend the reunion because he and his wife would be in West Virginia that weekend, attending a convention.

If you're not attending, what's your excuse? And if you can't attend, why not send an email with an update about yourself? I'll be glad to put in on the blog. I was on my way to the Wisconsin Historical Society this afternoon and since I had my nifty little digital camera with me (and since the textbook rush season is over) I stopped by and took a couple of photos of Terry, one of which accompanies this post. I can't possibly take photos of all of you, but I'll be glad to post a current photo if you want to send one to me. Send an email if you need information about acceptable formats.

1 comment:

D Strand said...

I won't be able to attend the reunion either, and I regret it. I know it will be a lot of fun. I will be in Columbus, Ohio that week-end on business. I have been a materials engineer (even though my Master's is in physics)for The Department of Defense for the past twenty years, ten at The Materials Technology Lab in Watertown, MA and ten, now, at The Army Research Lab at The Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. I have two daughters, Jeannine who graduated from Gustavus Adolphus College with a degree in economics in 1998 and Julie who graduated from The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay in 2004 with a double major in English and Human Development. It would be great to get news from others who can not attend on this blog!