Thursday, July 14, 2005

Why Start a Blog?

It would be wonderful to have a web site for our class, but it it takes a lot of time to design a really good one, plus money for hosting it. Plus someone willing to maintain it. And did I mention up-to-date information about classmates?

I'm not ready to create a web site -- and I doubt that any of the rest of you are either -- but we need something to help us stay in touch with each other. I've received some "have you heard anything about a reunion?" emails and telephone calls in the past few weeks, so I know we're not all in touch with each other. What to do? Why not start a blog?

As a birthday present, I've helped a friend to set up and maintain a blog about living on a boat. As a result, I've come to appreciate how useful and effective blogs can be as means of staying in touch. So I'm creating this blog in attempt to facilitate communications among the members of the Madison Central High School Class of 1965. The one in Wisconsin (there are others).

Sure, blogs can serve lots of other less (or more) wonderful functions, but blog will stay focused and it will have rules (she said, sounding like a teacher or a drill sergeant).

It's also a work in progress: So be patient, check in periodically -- and follow the rules!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What ever became of beautiful bev burmeister?