Saturday, March 17, 2001

Obituary: Tim Geisler

Geisler, James (Tim), Architect, age 54, of Minneapolis, on Sunday February 18, 2001. Tim will be remembered for his God-given genius, kindness of heart and generosity of spirit that have been an inspiration to all who knew him. For those who cared about Tim a celebration of his life will be held at one of his many projects - THE UNIVERSITY CLUB OF ST. PAUL - on Friday, March 23rd from 6-9 PM. Preceded in death by his mother, Betty; and survived by his father, James Geisler; sister Nancy Knapp & her husband, Stephen; brother, Gary & his wife, Sara; nephews, Michael & Tim; and the many friends who loved and cared deeply about him. Memorials to Children's International and the Audubon Society.

Originally published in the St. Paul Pioneer Press on March 17, 2001

1 comment:

D Strand said...

I am saddened and surprised to hear of tim's passing. I knew Tim throughout high school but got to know him best in Mr. Streator's advanced class as seniors. I was at his house once to play kick the can one summer evening and I sort of got to see how the Shorewood kids played. I recall a cantilever Frank Lloyd Wright type structure on his garage that seemed to make his place a little different and aristocratic. I believe Tim's father was an architect, too. Tim was ALWAYS good to me. He NEVER let me down as a friend and I will always remember him fondly. He really was very smart and everyone knew that, but he never flaunted his intelligence. He and Mike Fullwood carried around cans of "Goldwater" in 1964; the can looked like Mountain Dew and tasted like it, too. I enjoyed talking politics with Tim.
REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND !