Friday, July 09, 1999

Obituary: Donald Schwoegler

MADISON - Donald B. Schwoegler, age 52, died suddenly at home on July 7, 1999. He was born on March 23, 1947. He lived much of his life in Madison but loved and visited San Francisco frequently. He was an avid musician and could play any instrument he picked up. He loved animals and the Arboretum. He is survived by his father, John J. Schwoegler; his brothers, John, David, and Dean and his sisters, Suzann and Dyann. He was preceded in death by his mother, Helen, and his brother James Loren. A memorial gathering will be held on Sunday, July 11, 1999 at his sister’s home at 130 Dale Drive in Oregon, Wisconsin. A special thanks to Cornerstone, especially Joseph Foth and Tien. In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to Cornerstone, 1960 Atwood Avenue or to the American Diabetes Association of Madison. Don, your spirit lives on and we love you, your family.

Originally published in the Wisconsin State Journal on July 9, 1999

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAYBE IT'S TOO LATE FOR ANYONE TO READ THIS BUT I REMEMBER DON VERY WELL AND HIS BROTHER WHO WAS FONDLY CALLED "POT". THEY BOTH WERE FUN GUYS AND FRIENDS TO ME. I AM SO SORRY THAT I FOUND OUT SO LATE THAT DONNIE HAD PASSED AWAY. I CERTAINLY WOULD HAVE SENT MY MEMORIES SOONER. IT "POT" IS STILL AROUND TO READ THIS, MARY JO SAY" REMEMBER ME? MARY JO MCCARTHY

Gary Parkos said...

I loved Don like a brother. we had many good times together with my brother Ronnie who is also gone I hope you get together in the beyond Gary Parkos

ronzoni said...

I met Don in 1971 in San Francisco when I was 17. Randy Voll and I saw him playing guitar and singing on a street corner of Washington Square. The SF Mime Troup were there too and sometimes he drew a bigger crowd than they did. We rode my Honda bike all over the city. Never a dull moment. We always had a lot of fun. Don was an excellent musician and taught me a lot. Those that knew Don know he could sing like a black man - "Dear Mr. Fantasy". We had a blast. He enriched my life. Rest Brother, until we sing together again. - Ron Thulien